Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Guided Missile Cruiser "Liberec"
Fifth (serial) ship in a series of Type Prague guided missile
cruisers. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard August 19, 2007, launched
on October 23, 2008, commissioned June 16, 2010.
The ship was named after the ancient city of the Czech Republic
on the Lusatian Nysa river - Liberec. Ship hull number - CG-05.
Currently ship is in the 5nd Tactical Group of the surface
ships "Fojtka" of the Czech South Moravian Fleet.
Commander - Captain 1st Rank Zbinek Bednarzh
Side view of the ship:
Displacement: 9,750 tons full load
Length: 184,7 m
Beam: 16 m
Draft: 6,4 m
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 9,000 nmi at 17 kn
Propulsion: 4 x Skoda-Pilsner gas turbine engines x 45,000
horsepower, 2 shafts
- 2 x 61 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 1 x 48 cell Sylver A-50 vertical launch system
- 1 x BAE 4.5 inch Mk8 Mod. 1 gun
- 3 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes for lightweight
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine guns
- 1 x NHI NH-90 helicopter