Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Guided Missile Cruiser "Pilsen"
Fourth (serial) ship in a series of Type Prague guided missile
cruisers. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard April 7, 2007, launched
on March 19, 2008, commissioned December 9, 2009.
The ship was named after the fourth largest city in the Czech
Republic - Pilsen. Ship hull number - CG-04. Currently ship
is in the 4nd Tactical Group of the surface ships "Orlik"
of the Czech South Moravian Fleet.
Commander - Captain 1st Rank Jindrich Tlusty
Side view of the ship:
Displacement: 9,750 tons full load
Length: 184,7 m
Beam: 16 m
Draft: 6,4 m
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 9,000 nmi at 17 kn
Propulsion: 4 x Skoda-Pilsner gas turbine engines x 45,000
horsepower, 2 shafts
- 2 x 61 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 1 x 48 cell Sylver A-50 vertical launch system
- 1 x BAE 4.5 inch Mk8 Mod. 1 gun
- 3 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes for lightweight
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine guns
- 1 x NHI NH-90 helicopter