Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Guided Missile Cruiser "Prague"
First ship in a series of Type Prague guided missile cruisers.
Laid on the Trinec Shipyard January 11, 2004, launched on
March 11, 2005, commissioned September 20, 2006.
The ship was named after the capital of the Czech Republic
- Prague. Ship hull number - CG-01. Currently ship is in the
1nd Tactical Group of the surface ships "Kamencove"
of the Czech Central Fleet.
Commander - Captain 1st Rank Peter Nowak
Side view of the ship:
Displacement: 9,750 tons full load
Length: 184,7 m
Beam: 16 m
Draft: 6,4 m
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 9,000 nmi at 17 kn
Propulsion: 4 x Skoda-Pilsner gas turbine engines x 45,000
horsepower, 2 shafts
- 2 x 61 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 1 x 48 cell Sylver A-50 vertical launch system
- 1 x BAE 4.5 inch Mk8 Mod. 1 gun
- 3 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes for lightweight
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine guns
- 1 x NHI NH-90 helicopter