Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Missile Destroyer "Elbe"
Second (serial) ship in a series
of Type Vltava guided missile destroyers. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard July 16,
2001, launched on June 26, 2002, commissioned May 29, 2004.
This ship was
named in honor of the Elbe River, which flows through the Czech Republic and Germany.
Ship hull number - DDG-02. Currently ship is in the 1nd Tactical Group of the
surface ships "Kamencove" of the Czech Central Fleet.
- Captain 2st Rank Gillar Kozesnik
Side view of the ship:
9,750 tons full load
Length: 169,8 m
Beam: 13,7 m
Draft: 6,2 m
Speed: 29 knots
Range: 7,500 nmi at 18 kn
Propulsion: 2 x Skoda-Pilsner
gas turbine engines x 45,000 horsepower, 2 shafts
- 1 x 64 cell
Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 1 x 48 cell Sylver A-43 vertical launch system
- 1 x 127 mm Oto Melara 127/64LW gun
- 1 x 76 mm Oto Melara 76/62 Stealth gun
- 2 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes for
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine guns
- 1 x NHI NH-90