Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Missile Destroyer "Vltava"
First ship in a series of Type
Vltava guided missile destroyers. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard June 22, 2000, launched
on June 01, 2001, commissioned December 20, 2003.
This ship was named after
the most famous and longest river of the Czech Republic. Ship hull number - DDG-01.
Currently ship is in the 1nd Tactical Group of the surface ships "Kamencove"
of the Czech Central Fleet.
Commander - Captain 2st Rank Arnost Smolarz
view of the ship:
9,750 tons full load
Length: 169,8 m
Beam: 13,7 m
Draft: 6,2 m
Speed: 29 knots
Range: 7,500 nmi at 18 kn
Propulsion: 2 x Skoda-Pilsner
gas turbine engines x 45,000 horsepower, 2 shafts
- 1 x 64 cell
Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 1 x 48 cell Sylver A-43 vertical launch system
- 1 x 127 mm Oto Melara 127/64LW gun
- 1 x 76 mm Oto Melara 76/62 Stealth gun
- 2 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes for
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine guns
- 1 x NHI NH-90