Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Missile Frigate "Jaroslav Seifert"
Seventh (serial) ship
in a series of Type Kafka guided missile frigates. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard
March 22, 2004, launched on February 18, 2005, commissioned October 30, 2005.
This ship was named after the famous Czech writer. Jaroslav Seifert (19011986)
was a Nobel Prize-winning Czech writer, poet and journalist. Ship hull number
- FFG-07. Currently ship is in the 4nd Tactical Group of the surface ships "Orlik"
of the Czech South Moravian Fleet.
Commander - Captain 3st Rank Vaclav Zagalka
view of the ship:
4,250 tons full load
Length: 131 m
Beam: 13,7 m
Draft: 6,4 m
Range: 5,500 nmi at 17 kn
Propulsion: 2 x Skoda diesels x 15,000
horsepower, 2 shafts
- 1 x 64 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 2 x 4 Harpoon Surface-to-Surface Missiles launchers
- 1 x 76 mm Oto Melara
76/62 Stealth gun
- 1 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm)
triple torpedo tubes for lightweight torpedoes
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine
- 1 x NHI NH-90 helicopter