Combat Ships of the Czech Navy
Missile Frigate "Karel Capek"
Second (serial) ship in a series
of Type Kafka guided missile frigates. Laid on the Trinec Shipyard March 19, 2002,
launched on October 24, 2002, commissioned December 22, 2003.
was named after the famous Czech writer. Karel Capek (1890-1938) was a Czech writer
of the early 20th century best known for his science fiction. Ship hull number
- FFG-02. Currently ship is in the 1nd Tactical Group of the surface ships "Kamencove"
of the Czech Central Fleet.
Commander - Captain 3st Rank Bohumil Schubertov
view of the ship:
4,250 tons full load
Length: 131 m
Beam: 13,7 m
Draft: 6,4 m
Range: 5,500 nmi at 17 kn
Propulsion: 2 x Skoda diesels x 15,000
horsepower, 2 shafts
- 1 x 64 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
- 2 x 4 Harpoon Surface-to-Surface Missiles launchers
- 1 x 76 mm Oto Melara
76/62 Stealth gun
- 1 x Goalkeeper CIWS
- 2 x Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm)
triple torpedo tubes for lightweight torpedoes
- 4 x OTO RHMG 12.5 mm machine
- 1 x NHI NH-90 helicopter